|# of Openings||2|
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
Job Summary: The Developer Permit Inspector is a non prevailing wage inspector who will report directly to our City's Project Manager within City Hall or the Public Works Department. The Developer Permit Inspector is a fast pace high energy position with opportunity for overtime work, nights, and weekend work in addition to the regular daytime work. The Developer Permit Inspector is responsible for inspection of developer permits which include residential, commercial, developer, and utilities in municipal, public works, roads and land development, and/ or transportation projects, to ensure the construction Contractor's compliance with the approved plans and specifications, and be the primary point of contact with each client. They will ensure our client's quality per the approved plans and specifications. Preference given to candidates with inspection certificates along with past experience in water, wastewater, storm drain, and transportation projects.
* Report directly to and confer directly with City's supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
* Inspect the Contractor's work activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems against the City's permit requirements.
* Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the City.
* Proactively recommend actions to deal with the results of permit non-compliance, or emergencies at the City.
* Recommend resolution of construction issues in an informed manner with the City to meet the City's permit requirements for non-compliance issues with permittee.
* Represent the company to outside organizations and maintain client relations, assessing client needs in support of NV5.
* Permit work inspection includes Commercial Buildings, Residential Buildings, Demolition, Clearing and Grading, Land Use, Right of Way, Signs, Water/sewer/stormdrain/Edison/, utilities, Wireless Communication Facilities
Education and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
Certificates are not mandatory, the ideal candidate may have many of the following certificates:
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.