EDC is one of the world's leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world's most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.Job Description
The International Development Division has an opening for a full-time Finance Manager (II)/Business Development Pricing Manager (50%/50%), reporting to the Division Finance Director. We are searching for candidates to work in our Washington, D.C., or Waltham, MA office.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Responsible for advising on the financial matters of a portfolio of projects in the international division, the Financial Manager/Business Development Pricing Manager will advise Project Directors on business matters related to the project's fiscal viability, including annual projections, forecasting, contractual and other issues, as well as financial oversight of project expenditures. In addition, the Financial Manager/Business Development Pricing Manager will be responsible for supporting the New Business Development Team in cost proposal development and compliance.
Project/Financial Management Responsibilities (50%):
The Finance Manager (II) will work closely with Project Directors on USAID, or other donor-funded contracts and cooperative agreements to:
* Monitor/review and analyze project spending versus the donor-approved budget and the division budget, and report results to the Project Director on a regular basis, including issues with invoices, expense coding, burn rate, level of effort analysis, etc. The Financial Manager will participate, as appropriate, in resolution of financial issues.
* Coordinate with project staff to regularly monitor obligated funding and prepare incremental funding requests for submission to sponsor.
* Prepare pipelines and quarterly accrual reports for submission to donor.
* Prepare budget revisions for formal submission to donor.
* Review and prepare quarterly internal revenue projections.
* Prepare cost-to-complete projections.
* Provide start-up and close-out assistance to field offices.
* Train field office accountants on QuickBooks, Policies & Procedures, budget monitoring, donor and EDC Compliance, internal controls, procurement and cash forecasting procedures.
* Review monthly field account transactions and supporting documentation and provide guidance to field accountants to ensure that all expenses are in accordance with GAAP, Uniform Grant Guidance, EDC regulations, and funding donor regulations.
* Prepare and/or review cost transfers for submission.
* Provide oversight of Subaward Management by preparing or directing the preparation of a project specific subaward manual, reviewing subaward budgets, directing or assisting project staff to develop tools for monitoring of subawards and due diligence of partners.
* Monitor terms and conditions of major subcontracts and ensures that invoices are submitted and paid in a timely fashion.
* Monitor cost share requirements
* Track other specific award requirements related to compliance and financial management.
* Serve as liaison with Accounting and Office of Sponsored Programs to facilitate project budget revisions, troubleshoot issues in field offices, and assist with other financial management processes.
Business Development (BD) Pricing Management Responsibilities (50%):
The position will work closely with the Business Development (BD) Team to manage cost proposals:
* Assist in designing, developing, implementing, maintaining new systems, and improving existing systems to ensure efficient, timely and accurate compilation of financial information in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), regulatory requirements, and corporate policy.
* Complete risk assessments on projects.
* Assist with implementing recommendations from financial reviews as well as monitor progress of implementation of those recommendations.
The Financial Manager II/Business Development Pricing Manager is expected to:
* Facilitate efficiency through teamwork and feedback exchanges.
* Multitask and respond to and adapt to changing business needs, prioritize and manage workload under tight deadlines.
* Work well in a fast-paced, international team environment.
* Be able and willing to travel internationally as needed.
* May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
Bachelor's degree with concentration in accounting or finance required. Master's degree strongly preferred.
Skills and Experience:
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
* Minimum of 8 years substantial and progressive accounting and financial management experience required, preferably in a donor-funded programs environment, including account reconciliation, financial reporting, analysis, business development, cost proposal management, budgeting and experience supporting international field offices.
* Fluency in English is required. Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic is preferred.
* Experience with project-based profit or non-profit organization required
* Knowledge of regulatory and financial reporting requirements under cooperative agreements and contracts of federal and non-federal funders required, specifically USAID (other funders may include CDC, World Bank, FCDO, etc.)
* Demonstrable proficiency in a variety of accounting systems and related computer applications required (proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks required and proficiency/familiarity with Deltek CostPoint strongly preferred)
* Strong analytical and numerical skills and aptitude for details and accuracy required
* Ability to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
Fluency in English is required. Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic is highly preferred.Additional Information
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.Videos To Watchhttps://youtu.be/0G8igaaNnIM