We are a team that is full of ideas, experience, creativity, shared knowledge, collective insight, passionate opinions, insatiable curiosity, incomparable talent, uncompromising integrity, commitment, and expert skill. Our culture is about aspiration, embracing change and challenges, listening and learning from each other, encouraging continual learning, and inspiring collective growth. As an inclusive, integrated architecture and engineering practice, we value the diversity of perspectives, experiences, abilities and expertise that advance both the work we do, and the world we share.
Our San Francisco office is looking to add an experienced team member to our group of talented Project Managers. The candidate should have expertise in leading either Education, Healthcare or Science & Technology projects and be enthused about joining HED's shared commitment to Advancing Your World through Critical Thinking, Integrated Practice, and Design Excellence.
- Project Managers at HED are responsible for leading teams in all aspects of our professional services while maintaining liaison between the project team, client, consultants, contractors and authorities having jurisdiction over the project. The Project Manager works in collaboration with the Principal-in-Charge and the Project Architect to create and deliver Positive Impact for our clients, colleagues, and community.
- Fundamental to the PM role is spearheading the team's efforts in achieving Design Excellence through establishing project Goals, defining and executing Strategies to achieve these, and tracking and capturing the Results.
- Project Managers lead and facilitate all project activities and processes from the initial marketing effort (including participation in interviews and preparation of proposals), to scope refinement and planning, through the design, permit, bid and construction administration phases, and the post-construction evaluation.
- PMs manage day-to-day client relations and project activities, potentially on multiple projects at one time. Responsibilities include fee and contract negotiations and ongoing management, planning and schedule development and monitoring, project scope and financial management, coordination of quality reviews and facilitation of workplans to determine staffing needs.
- Minimum ten years' professional experience with Science & Technology, Healthcare, or Education projects.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from business development through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- Experience in project financial management.
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills including the ability to lead, motivate, and work well with others.
- Proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strategic outlook, with an eye for detail.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Professional Licensure preferred.
- LEED Accreditation preferred.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use office equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.