OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Freelance Video Operator to join our Fox News family. As the Freelance Video Operator, you will work with all members of editorial and technical teams to ensure video levels and lighting are the best possible quality on air. You are an integral part of the technical operations team reporting to the Technical Production Manager.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Chip, color correct, and monitor video levels on all studio cameras, video monitors, and remote cameras
- Collaborate with directors, lighting, and make-up to troubleshoot and make adjustments to ensure the best possible on air look for our talent and set
- Frame and monitor all remote Fox wire cameras as needed
- Patch cameras to different in house areas as needed and build, change, and update scene files to shows as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years' experience working in video in a live news or tape environment
- Experience with Ikegami HD Cameras, and Color correction units
- 2+ years' experience with Vinton robotic camera operations
- Flexibility with your schedule, and the ability to stay late often with little notice if news warrants
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.