Wunderlich-Malec Engineering has a Controls Engineer position available at our Columbus, OH location. Wunderlich-Malec Engineering is a 100% employee-owned company and one of the largest and most well-established (35+ years) engineering companies in the United States. This position is responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving PLC/SCADA/HMI programming, instrumentation, check-out support, and start-up assistance.
- Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
- Develops control logic software and user interface applications.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as semiconductor, pulp and paper, food and beverage, etc.
- May act as lead on some projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
- Works well with others and self-directed with only general supervision.
- Works in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocols/requirements.
- Understands piping and instrument diagrams, wiring diagrams, panel drawings, one-line drawings, loop sheets, databases and vendor manuals. Interpret and utilize appropriate ISA standards and practices.
- General administration such as paperwork, copying, printing, faxing, and using a computer.
BSEE or BS in Controls Engineering is preferred. An AA in Engineering Technology or equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted.
Five to ten years in areas below is preferred:
- An in-depth understanding of control systems, components, ladder logic programming, SCADA programming and their applications [i.e. GE Fanuc (Cimplicity), Wonderware].
- Experience with instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC [i.e. GE Fanuc PLCs (Proficy Machine Edition), Allen Bradley PLCs (Rockwell 5, 500, 5000), Device Net, Point I/O, ABB VFDs and Allen Bradley VFDs].
- Instrumentation Experience: Should be able to specify required instrumentation for a specific project. Develop instrumentation data sheets and process functional descriptions.
- Experience with the development of sequence of operations, functional acceptance, and operational acceptance documentation.
- Experience with PID loop tuning (Open and Closed Loops)
- Experience with AutoCAD is also desired.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 25% to job sites.
Physical Demands of Position
Seeing, color perception, hearing, clear speech, dexterity in hands, driving, lifting, climbing, and ability to mount and dismount equipment, pushing, and pulling.
Standard office environment, On-site office environment, and diverse industrial environments
Frequent PC usage, fax machines, copy machines, phones.