About Blue Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We're committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
This position within Application Development team will lead design and build high quality, stable and functional software. Focus will be on refreshing our existing software and building solutions for scalability, stability and easy maintainability. The position will also provide code-level operational support and coordinate maintenance and enhancement activity to support all aspects of application delivery.A Day in the Life:
Nice to Have:
- Works with technical staff to understand unique or highly complex software problems involving many varied factors to be interpreted and considered, frequently of broad scope.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written to develop or modify large complex software applications.
- Research, explore and build prototype using new technology and frameworks.
- Design and build scripts which would help with test automation, build automation and monitoring.
- Help build best practices to deliver quality product efficiently.
- Advocate and evangelize the use of cloud and CI/CD within the I.T. Work with Partners, vendors and other technology teams to analyze, design and deliver technology solutions.
- Work with business to solidify software requirements.
- Design and developsoftware.
- Use Continuous Integration / Continuous Deploy lifecycle.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with team members to ensure product usability, usefulness, feasibility, and cost effectiveness.
- Contribute as a team member with system designs and technology platform decisions.
- This job isbased inlocation at the BlueCross MN Eagan campusbut offers onsite and remote flexibility.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies.
- Under-the-hood Prototype design, Data modeling,Database & Cache.
- Data modeling experience.
- Contribute to system designs and technology platform decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent or 7 years of related experience in
- Organizational Skills:
- Creative thinking
- Global thinking
- Time management skills
- Language Requirement:
- Framework Requirement:
- Hosting Platform Requirement:
Make a difference
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota and Blue Plus are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.