Current employees and contingent workers click to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.Clear Channel Outdoor
Job Summary:The Public Affairs Manager's primary responsibility of this job is to protect and expand Clear Channel's assets by ensuring that the company's interests are represented and protected in legislative proceedings and in the development of market rules and procedures. The Public Affairs Manager will also assist in the development of new real estate assets for the portfolio in Chicago as well as relocations and other inventory management activities. This position also has responsibility for managing transit relationships.
- Maintain relationships with government officials and policy makers by attending public forums, counsel meetings and making presentations on behalf of the company
- Maximize outdoor media inventory and find research opportunities for growth
- Work closely with the real estate team to identify openings in legal code and other regulations to grow asset portfolio
- Monitor legislation and regulation changes
- Oversee public service program and maintain, interpret and apply the company's code of advertising practices
- Manage the transit division by responding to RFPs, re-negotiating contract, maintaining and improving relationships and assisting in the negotiation of new contracts
- Other duties as assigned or requested
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position working on public and government affairs.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.).
- Must have ability to learn and use company and customer system(s).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Keen ability to assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions.
- Ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
- Reports to the Vice President of Real Estate and Public Affairs
- Ability to travel outside of the office up to 50 % of the time for periodic corporate meetings, industry events and travel to cities in and around Chicago to engage in the community for public affairs work.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and possess valid driver's license.
The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must have the ability to sit and/or stand at a desk for a minimum of 8 hours a day and complete tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must have the ability to lift and move items up to 15 pounds. Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
- This job is performed in a temperature controlled office environment.
LocationChicago, IL: 4000 South Morgan St, 60609
Position Type Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.