Tenneco's DRiV Automotive facility in Skokie. Illinois is the home of Fel-Pro gaskets. A brand that mechanics around the world have asked for by name for over 100 years. Our driving force is our people as it takes the best people to make the best gaskets. We bring to work every day a passion to be the best, disciplined attention to detail, competitive tenacity and a fierce determination to deliver on our commitments.
What the Machine Operator Does:
* Perform duties in the assigned work area, which include machine and specialized equipment operations, mill operations, shipping and receiving, materials handling, warehouse and dock, quality, laser cutting, mold cleaning, high rise/turret truck and others.
* Set up, operate, or shut down equipment and run computer programs needed to complete and document work assignments.
* Always follow safety procedures and safety policy. Notify the Operations Supervisor of unsafe or hazardous working conditions immediately.
* Follow Quality Management System requirements as outlined for the job. Suggests ways for continual improvement for the work unit assigned and ways to improve efficiencies between work units.
* Perform visual, and functional inspection according to engineering drawings/specifications and general quality Inspection.
* Certified, or has the ability to be certified, to complete 1st article checks.
* Precisely follow written instructions as outlined on press cards, standard work, or work instructions.
* 5S Housekeeping and work area cleaning tasks
* Resolve minor issues that hinder or slow progress in the work area.
* Other tasks and assignments consistent with knowledge and training
What We Offer:
* Competitive pay rates based on experience
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Safety, and other benefits available day one
* Paid vacation, floating holidays, and paid sick time
* 401K with company match
* Premiums for 2nd & 3rd shifts
* Discounts on all Tenneco brands
* Safety first and people-oriented company culture
We're committed to fostering an environment for every team member that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Be part of the best and start your career with us today!
Tenneco is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.60 - $20.20 per hour
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2-3 years of relevant job experience
* Ability to work for any US employer
* Physically able to stand, climb, kneel, bend, lift up to 40lbs, and manipulate objects
* Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision
* Ability to read and understand work instructions, bills of material, routings and other written instruction
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.