CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.
We are lookingfor creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
CNA is currently seeking a Program Manager II for our Enterprise Systems and Data Analysis division in our Institute for Public Research. Responsible for the development and management of large or complex projects and task orders under large contracts, from inception to completion. Determines resource requirements and manages budgets. Holding the program team accountable for meeting work standards, contractor and government schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, and communicating policy and goals to the program organization and to subordinate managers and staff. Effectively manages customer and user stakeholder relationships at all levels, frequently communicating with Government program managers and contracting officer representatives and responding to direction. Conducts analysis and takes a leadership role in business development as needed.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Direct the work of employees assigned to the program/project from technical and administrative areas.Employs experience and leadership to effect fundamental change.
2. Act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.May represent the organization as prime internal and external contact on contracts and operations.
3. Lead the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
4. Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identifiy program problems and obtain solutions such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Master's degree required. PMP Certification preferred.
2. Experience: 12+ years of professional experience with at least 6 years experience in Program Management of $5-$10 million per year professional/research/technical service contracts. Complete project development from inception to deployment, demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction, proven expertise in the management and control of funds and resources, demonstrated capability in managing complex multi-task contract.
3. Skills: Intimate working knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar project management tools, excellent oral and written communication skills.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters below: "EEO is the Law" Poster; "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.