At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. As employees, we foster collaboration and teamwork, drive for results, champion change, and inspire and motivate others to high performance. We value stewardship, passion, respect, integrity, and gratitude. And, every day we build upon the strong corporate culture that makes MTD a great place to build a career.
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, Robomow, Rover, and WOLF-Garten - all backed by our strong network of MTD support focused on uncompromising quality, service and value through advanced manufacturing.
- The Materials Manager will be responsible for the management of Commodities and Materials in the purchase of MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Operations) supplies for the plant, processing & maintaining purchase orders, processing packing slips and receivers, maintaining purchasing records & files, and also establishing all purchasing procedures and vendor contracts. To oversee material transfer in the press shop, height adjusters, weld shop, paint shops 1 & 3, assembly lines, Graphics and RM scales. Maintain quality, production, safety, ISO 9001, and Company Policies, and Procedures.
Responsibilities / Authority:
- Assigns work-loads and responsibilities for drivers and expeditors
- Train Materials personnel in correct material handling procedures
- Follow-up movement transactions and verifying RM transactions with tickets & RM report
- General Inventory maintenance and oversight
- Scouting for effective material handling procedures
- Drawing, typing and preparing informative documents and researching processes for future material handling processes
- Assisting in new-process set up with other departments
- Maintain quality and production standards following all ISO 9001 and Company Procedures
- Manage DOS and Controllable cost
- Service fill rate
- Any job deemed necessary
- High School Diploma or GED (for full time employees only)
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years manufacturing experience
- Computer Skills
- Experience In The Operation Of IBM Mapics Software
- Purchasing Back Ground Or Experience In A Related Field
- The Ability To Communicate Well With Other People
- The Ability To Accept Constant Changes And Adjustments Related To Purchasing
- MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
- MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.