ARServices is looking for a nuclear weapons expert to serve as a Nuclear Weapons Instructional Museum Curator. In this role you will serve as curator for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's (DTRA's) Defense Nuclear Weapons School's (DNWS's) Nuclear Weapons Instructional Museum (NWIM). Previous experience as a museum curator is not required.
- Routine maintenance, restoration, corrosion control, and inventory maintenance of all historical properties
- Maintain exhibits in a condition that meets the standards set forth in governing publications, documents and instructions.
- Identify and provide recommendations on new exhibits and materials for incorporation into the NWIM.
- Conduct clearance verifications, daily guided tours and classroom instruction on the U.S. nuclear enterprise.
- Train DNWS instructors and staff on NWIM policy and procedures.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- 5+ years of relevant experience (nuclear weapons experience is required; previous museum curation experience is not required)
- Knowledge of, and understanding of, nuclear weapons functions and maintenance procedures to ensure NWIM items are kept in the highest display standards.
- Ability to repair, maintain and fabricate nuclear weapons and their associated parts, components and associated testing & handling equipment.
- Ability to conduct research in relevant areas and give subject matter expertise advice to DNWS instructors.
- Relevant experience while on active duty military.
- Technical expertise and mechanical skills of a senior nuclear weapons maintenance technician.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of instructional design, needs assessments, design analysis, training, presentation, and principles of instruction. Familiarity with technology-based training and experience with multimedia development and production tools a plus.
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.