At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Tray Assembler reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is responsible for assembling meal trays for patients.
- Assembles patient trays according to menu selections and prescribed diet.
- Accurately prepares patient meal trays.
- Follows established department policy and procedure, infection control and isolation guidelines and uses standard precautions when preparing trays.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and sanitizes work area and equipment.
- Exhibits timely completion of all duties.
- Stocks tray line supplies in an organized manner - rotates stock according to "first in, first out method."
- Monitors and records refrigerator and freezer temperatures daily.
- Follows steps outlined in procedure when temperature is out of range; documents actions and resolutions.
- Assists with breakdown of trays and washing of wares in the dish room; return of clean items to the tray line.
- May be asked to complete other duties such as but not limited to: delivering, or picking up trays, or any duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor due to operational needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent; or in lieu of high school diploma/GED, must have a minimum of 1-year relevant experience in any of the following: customer service, food service, retail or healthcare.
- Excellent customer service and critical thinking skills
- Hours: Times vary between 6:30am-3:45pm and every other weekend is required.
- One-year customer service experience
- Familiar with diet restrictions
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.