Shipping and Receiving Clerk Job Description
- The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for packing and packaging by hand a wide variety of products and materials to meet customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load materials and products per designated shipping requirements.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure packing specifications are met.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Mark and label containers, tag, or products.
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers using hand tools.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for the shipping or delivery of materials.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges using computer or price list.
- Determine shipping methods, routes or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to follow Directions
- Arm-Hand Steadiness
- Attention to Detail
- Control Precision
- Customer Service
- Handling and Moving Objects
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
- Interpersonal Skills to interact with all Team Members.
- Manual Dexterity
- Problem Sensitivity
- Time Management.
- Verbal and Written Communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable by management
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of experience desired in a manufacturing environment or a shipping department.