At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Field Service Technician - Cleveland, OH
Are you mechanically inclined with a knack for hands-on work? Do you enjoy a flexible schedule and working independently? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference every day by solving complex problems and providing an exceptional customer experience? If you want to work for a great company where you will have the opportunity to advance your career, join our growing team as a Field Service Technician in the Greater Cleveland Area!
What you will do as a STERIS Technician:
At STERIS, our Field Service Technicians act as the face of our company by ensuring top-notch service for our customers. In this field-based, customer-facing role, you will travel to research facilities, colleges/universities, pharmaceutical customers and more totroubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, medical equipment washers and other STERIS products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks. In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
- Service the Greater Cleveland Area,
- Drive Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customer's issues/problems.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on STERIS and related product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Perform minor installations as required.
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization.
- Promote STERIS growth through identifying sales opportunities and recommending STERIS products/services to Customers.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently with Customers providing informative status updates.
- Be a positive ambassador for STERIS at Customer sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Products and Services
Knowing the products you will be working with and servicing is important! Please take a moment to review our product and services pages!
STERIS Healthcare Product Portfolio -
STERISTechnical Repair and Maintenance Services -
What Skills, Abilities and Education you will need to be successful at STERIS:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in electronics, mechanical or similar discipline, plus one to two years of related experience strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED with minimally two years' relevant experience required.
- 2+ year(s) of related experience, is strongly preferred.
- This position may be elevated to a Field Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by STERIS.
- Transferable skills for this role include mechanical (large military/agricultural equipment, appliances or vehicles), plumbing, HVAC, electrical, building maintenance
- and other similar field service repair work.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Must travel to customer sites that include, but are not limited to:hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, surgi-centers, pharmaceutical production facilities, research facilities, etc..
- May be subject to customer drug testing, customer specific safety training, or customer SOP training.
- Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer needs.
- Required to live within 50 miles of the center of the territory.
- Physical working requirements include:
- Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and under variable temperatures.
What STERIS can offer you:
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global company that will invest in your career growth over the long term. STERIS wouldn't be where it is today without our incredible, talented people. That's why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Extensive hands-on training and development
- Company vehicle, uniforms and all necessary tools provided
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Service training and coaching program
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by * 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.