Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
This position is part of the Compliance Department which prevents, detects, and responses to compliance issues, including potential violation of laws and company policies. The Compliance Department manages the compliance related training, communication, and strategies, as well as monitor the effectiveness of the compliance program and internal controls. This role will support all aspects of the ethics and compliance program as direct by the Compliance Director or Compliance Manager. This position will support policies and procedures management, administration of training and compliance hotline system, promote the overall mission of the Compliance department, compliance risk assessment, auditing & monitoring of the compliance program, and enforcement of corrective action plans.
This is a non-managerial position. The scope of this position includes compliance activities of KAC & KMC.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain and communicate the policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program.
- Support the review of compliance issues/concerns and ensure they are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received, investigation progress and/or outcomes.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations, on-going investigations and progress of compliance efforts.
- Administrate and manage progress of compliance related training
- Monitor compliance systems and internal controls to ensure their effectiveness. Assist internal and external auditors in their performance of compliance and internal control reviews.
- Identify potential areas of compliance and internal control vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Other compliance and internal controls related matters, as may be assigned by the Compliance Director or Compliance Manager.
- Bachelor's degree required. At least 3-5 years of experience with Compliance, Internal Controls, or a related area
- English required and Japanese language proficiency, written and verbal, strongly preferred
- Professional work ethic, and sensitivity for handling confidential matters
- Ability to communication clearly and present information both orally and in writing
- Strong computer skills required; proficiency in MS Office 365 required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required
- Highly motivated and able to work well independently and with a team
- Strong creative thinking and problem-resolution skills
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details; and organize and maintain records
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.