Vedder Price is seeking an HRIS Specialist. The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance of the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) in addition to other systems supported by the HRIS team. This individual serves as a functional point-of-contact and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Specialist supports system upgrades, patches, testing and other projects as assigned.
As an HRIS Specialist, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain and enhance the configuration of HR systems (UltiPro, viDesktop and other HR business systems) in support of HR, Payroll and Benefits team to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness; analyze work process design, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities.
- Resolves HRIS system issues, acts as "troubleshooter" for HR, Payroll, Benefits and other HR business systems. Works with human capital management vendor (UKG) support on more complex matters
- Assists and may lead HR technology related projects such as data and workflow management, performance and compensation administration; Works closely with IT in support of firm technology projects/system roadmap.
- Operate as a key contact to ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analysis of data flows for process and technology improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring security of HR and Payroll information through established security protocol
- Prepares reports and ad hoc queries in response to requests from internal and external users; Responsible for designing regular and ad hoc reports and analysis
- Work with the team in developing training and documentation of system use for HR, Payroll and Benefits users.
- Analyze HR and Payroll processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Review system Audits on a regular basis
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer orientation, sense of urgency in getting things done, and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to handle confidential material and details in getting things done, and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Highly detailed and results oriented.
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of HRIS experience required. Prior exposure to system/ functionality launch is a plus
- Strong understanding of HR processes and data including workflows and data flows
- Understanding of HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools
- Experience with HR systems such as UltiPro (UKG), WorkDay, Peoplesoft, Lawson, Kronos, ADP, etc.
- Knowledge of HR and Payroll processes and terminology
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
- Proficiency in UltiPro HR (UKG), Time Management, and Recruiting preferred
- Proficiency in reporting tools Cognos, Crystal or other enterprise reporting tool
- SQL/SSRS knowledge preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
Equal Employment Opportunity
Vedder Price P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (where applicant is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations), medical condition, protected veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-verify.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact the Vedder Price Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.