Modern Healthcare is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist. In this role, the candidate will work collaboratively with the marketing team to coordinate and execute projects and initiatives across all marketing channels in support of all Modern Healthcare products, including MH magazine, Modernhealthcare.com, e-newsletters, data, events, awards/recognition programs, custom publishing and webinars and other related products.
Candidate will partner with teams from across Modern Healthcare, including the advertising sales, education and events, and editorial departments.
Marketing Responsibilities Job Duties:
- Develop and manage marketing material creation and disbursement to include print, digital, email campaigns.
- Analyze, track and report on data regarding campaign efforts and success.
- Study competitors' products and services (other events, awards, and recognition programs) to provide insight.
- Press release creation and execution
- Coordinate with sales all copywriting needs, to increase sponsorship sales and editorial promotional products.
- Assist in long-term strategic planning to support the brand which may combine several content platforms: print, online, social and events.
Social Media Marketing Job Duties:
- Grows and expands Modern Healthcare's social media presence and audience engagement in all social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Creates social media promotions for all key Sales initiative, Education and Events, Awards and Recognition Programs to grow engagement, attendance, and revenue.
- Defines social media KPIs, monitor and analyzes effectiveness of all social media campaigns.
- Ongoing collection of audience data and analyses of users' visits and engagements. More importantly, leverage this information to create and revise comprehensive reports and improve future campaigns.
- Aligns content with customer trends and market changes to interest and engage target markets.
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with team members from various departments, including sales, editorial, education & events.
- Provides guidance to the creative and marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies.
- Works with copywriters and designers to ensure content and visual representation is informative, engaging, and appealing.
- Film and edit video content for promotional opportunities.
Basic Skill Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Marketing
- 3+ years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role
- Strong written and creative skills to create and communicate in a compelling way.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and new social media channels
- Experience leveraging online usage data from sources like Google, Omniture, etc.
- Organized. Strong time-management and project management skills
- Familiarity with web design and publishing (HTML)
- Limited travel to trade shows, conferences, and other meetings
- Specific experience in Publishing and Multi-media a plus
- Skilled in CS4(5), Flash, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat
- Healthcare background
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Modern Healthcare is the industry's leading source of healthcare business and policy news, research and information. We report on important healthcare events and trends, as they happen, through our weekly print magazine, websites, e-newsletters, mobile products and events. Our readers use that information to make informed business decisions and lead their organizations to success. It's for this reason that Modern Healthcare magazine is ranked No. 1 in readership among healthcare executives.
has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century.As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)