Internal Reference Number: R1014951
Summary Responsible for the coordination and completion of the audit reviews, reviewing audit work papers and reports completed by department staff, distributing reports to management, coordinating auditor's assignments, mentoring and coaching department staff, and assisting the department manager with the direction of the workflow of various risk management activities and special projects.Description
- 40% Independently and objectively helps plan and execute audits in accordance with professional auditing standards. Performs or supports audits focused primarily on operational controls, asset safeguarding, and compliance with procedures, laws, and regulations. Functions as in-charge auditor of the most complex audit reviews and/or cost reports. May conduct reviews of account reconciliations performed by various financial areas.
- 20% Identifies and analyzes related key processes, systems, and controls to determine effectiveness. Communicates audit status and results to management, with emphasis on discussing deficiencies and recommending corrective actions. Prepares formal written work papers and reports, documenting audit work performed and expressing conclusion.
- 20% Assesses desk reviews performed by subordinate auditors to ensure that quality audit work is performed and on-the-job training is provided as necessary. Assists in ensuring that all assigned audits are completed and reviewed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and, Government Auditing Standards. Coordinates the completion of these assignments in a manner which results in timely completion of all assignments in accordance with budget performance requirements as well as departmental interim goals.
- 10% Directs the day-to-day efforts of assigned audit staff by reviewing and planning assignments, training, and providing leadership and guidance. Assists in the development and revision of work instructions, forms, and procedures.
- 10% Broadens and maintains working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and procedures through self-study programs, on-the-job training, attending seminars and network association's formal training programs. Communicates with internal and external areas as necessary to ensure efficient completion of assigned tasks.
- Bachelor's degree - Accounting , Finance, Business Administration, or other job related field of study (12 hours of accounting and/or finance course work)
Required Work Experience:
- Seven years auditing or accounting experience with one year leading audits.
Preferred Work Experience
- Medicare Cost Report Auditing Experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of auditing.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of financial data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to gather information by examining records and documents and to interview individuals concerning those records.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with persons at all levels, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis.
- Knowledge of cost accounting standards and General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge and use of auditing standards and statistical sampling techniques.
- Good planning and organization skills.
Required Software and Tools:
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Typical office environment.
- Some travel between office buildings.
- Out of town travel may be required.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.