Position Title:Food Services Student Employee (Second Shift)
Job Description:Food Services Student Employee (Second Shift)
POSITION TITLE: Food Services Student Employee
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Food Services
DIVISION: Administrative Services
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Operations Manager
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist at all food service stations as needed including: Grill, Fryer, Deli, Hot Food,
Dish Room, Kitchen Prep
2. Stock soda/juice coolers, paper supplies and other areas as needed.
3. Date and properly put away all food products in storerooms, coolers and freezers.
4. Assist with cleaning of stations and trash removal.
5. Maintain sanitation practices.
6. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Must be a current JJC student.
2. Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
3. Must maintain satisfactory academic progress (minimum 2.0 GPA, not on academic
4. Must pass routine physical exam.
5. Ability to follow specific verbal and/or written instructions.
7/8/2021 Joliet Junior College HR Site :: Posting Print Preview
6. Ability to relate well with the public, comprehend and communicate business-related
1. Previous food service or customer service related job experience.
1. The employee is required to stand for prolonged periods of time.
2. Ability to move/push/pull stocked utility carts, lift, stack and maneuver objects with a
minimum of 50 lbs.
1. Various kitchen equipment to include microwave, soup kettle, tilt skillet, oven, grill,
stove, steam table, toaster, warmers, coffee machine, knives, meat slicer, cash register,
2. Exposures: Changing Temperatures (60-110 degrees F), slippery floors, bacteria in
foods, noise and vibrations.
3. Safety requirements: Adhere to company, property, and department safety standards
and procedures. Safety shoes, proper guards, proper lifting techniques, sharpened
knives and all safety procedures must be followed. Display knowledge of safe operation
of hot foods services line and equipment while maintaining the level of safety required
and exhibited by JJC and OSHA requirements.
AVAILABILITY: Student needs to have hours available between 11:00AM-6:30PM
First Shift--- Employees should be available to work:
Second Shift--- Employees should be available to work:
Work schedule will not exceed 28 hours per week.
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):