Wunderlich-Malec Engineering has a Sr. Electrical Engineer position available at our Eden Prairie, MN location. Wunderlich-Malec Engineering is a 100% employee-owned company and one of the largest and most well-established (35+ years) engineering companies in the United States. The Electrical CAD Lead Designer / Revit Technician is a core employee with advanced competence in AutoCAD & AutoCAD 3D with respect to the Electrical Industrial & Architectural Design setting with the responsibility for the overall drafting process for specific Industrial and Architectural project-based work. This individual is tasked with taking the CAD Lead in producing CAD deliverables.
- Document and archive work pursuant to the WME Standard.
- Ensure work is created and issued pursuant to the WME Standard quality.
- Will need to efficiently model and document the project.
- Be engaged with CAD and 3D modeling efforts on projects working with support modelers to complete deliverables.
- Electronic document filing and all other facets of the electronic drawings and/or model. Input of marked-up drawings into CAD.
- Create coordinated 3D/BIM models specifically regarding the electrical installation.
- Create electrical drawings in 2D for construction on a variety of projects.
- Create and own the electrical layouts for projects in 3D.
- Model complete electrical distribution, power, lighting, branch, and low voltage systems to the required level of detail that meets project requirements in the project BIM execution plan.
- Perform layout and input of marked-up drawings into Revit in accordance with WME Standards
- Participate in coordination meetings.
- Utilize Navisworks for BIM and model coordination.
- Support Engineering staff in the design and documentation of Electrical construction documents and deliverables to end clients.
- Assist in analyzing and producing productivity enhancements and customizations.
- Ability to write and speak clearly and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to simultaneously handle numerous tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to complete tasks in a well-organized and thorough manner.
- Works well under pressures of deadlines.
- Meet assigned deadlines.
- Pursue design clarifications via meetings, telephone and emails with internal and external customers using the most effective and efficient means.
- Be budget conscious of project deliverables.
- Associate degree preferred in Computerized Drafting field.
- 10 years of total experience with knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards.
- Thorough understanding of AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D, training, procedure development, deployment, and support.
- Experienced in CAD best practices.
- Can be a combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
- NEC Design Experience beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient working knowledge of the most current modeling applications software in use by WME.
- Fluency in Autodesk Navisworks
- Understanding of 3D coordination with other trades
- Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos, images, and word processing files into AutoCAD and AutoCAD 3D projects.
- Fluency in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy
- Skills obtained above and beyond the building elements would be creating simple parametric families, utilizing shared parameters, creating schedules, and creating complex geometry.
Physical Demands of Position
- Mostly computer, desk requirements
- May require occasional site visits within the USA.
- Standard office environment: frequent use of personal computer, scanner, copy machines, and other office equipment.
*Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability