Join the movement!
One of the country's largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, providing safe, reliable, top-quality cannabis products to improve people's lives. By investing in people, practices, and infrastructure, we are shaping a new, vital, wellness-focused industry. Our goal is to increase sustainable access to cannabis by offering effective, affordable and trusted products and services.
We are licensed in eight states to grow, process and/or dispense medical cannabis products for adult and pediatric patients, as well as for responsible adult use. We are expanding rapidly as we continue to earn new state licenses and gain recognition as a trusted resource in this evolving space.Job Description
This role will work with the Compliance and Legal team to ensure that PharmaCann, Inc. and its subsidiaries are compliant with all cannabis industry laws, regulations, standards and ethical practices in the jurisdictions in which the Company operates. The Regulatory Compliance Associate will manage and maintain compliance priorities, including but not limited to, operational and regulatory deadlines.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities
* Collaborate with the Compliance and Legal team to ensure compliance with all applicable state, county and municipal laws, ordinances and regulations, including the specific cannabis regulations for that state.
* Review and interpret state regulations and assists the Director of Compliance in responding to internal and external inquiries.
* Serve as subject matter expert on current and prospective state cannabis regulations and provides compliance advice to Company leaders.
* Assist in the application process for entering new markets by drafting and editing license applications.
* Submit applications for registration renewals to maintain state licensures.
* Partner with key members of PharmaCann's Operational team and Real Estate and Facilities team to draft variance requests and operational deadline extension requests.
* Prepare and submit documentation required for regulatory inspections and coordinates the inspection process for internal departments and state regulators.
* Use independent judgment and knowledge of applicable state regulations to provide regulatory analyses to the Compliance and Legal team.
* Assist with the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, Operations and Management Plans and Security Plans as needed.
* Review marketing collateral to ensure compliance with state regulations.
* Assist with implementing PharmaCann's policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance.
* Investigate and resolve compliance concerns, issues, or violations.
* Remain informed of emerging cannabis regulatory issues, trends, and other developments which could impact PharmaCann operations.
* Communicates with state regulators and inspectors as needed.
* Travels periodically among the Company's multi-state cultivation and dispensary operations.
This role is based out of Chicago, IL with frequent travel to PharmaCann's Illinois and Ohio facilities.Qualifications
* Detail oriented, excellent judgment and time management with ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities.
* Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
* Ability to work autonomously as within a team environment.
* Performs well under pressure and meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and willingness to handle a variety of tasks across a broad range of substantive areas and to learn new areas quickly.
* Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA accredited school preferred.
* Minimum of 2-4 years of compliance experience, preferably in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry such as pharmaceutical, alcohol, gaming, tobacco or financial services.
* Law firm and/or regulatory experience is preferred.
* Ability to travel frequently to the company's Illinois and Ohio facilities.
* Strong working knowledge of the cannabis industry is preferred.
* Writing sample required.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.