The Internal Control Manager is responsible for developing policies and procedures for the organization, will ensure their implementation, and monitor and report on compliance.
- Review existing accounting and financial controls and other compliance processes in place and make any necessary revisions or additions
- Communicate urgent changes immediately with department managers and staff
- Work with department leads to update policy manuals and other documentation to ensure immediate compliance by all staff involved
- Conduct regular internal audits and reviews to assess the compliance of departments and individual employees
- Share audit/review results with managers to aid in feedback, training and development to ensure greater overall compliance
-Provide assistance to external auditors regarding controls, policies and procedures
-Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with 10+ years of related experience in compliance, auditing, and internal control systems required.
- Highly developed business and analytical skills. Broad exposure to and experience working with financial spreadsheets, accounting and financial management software required.
- Must be results oriented, with excellent customer service and problem solving skills*
- Evidence of strong planning and organization skills, essential for managing multiple tasks and large-scale projects of the section while ensuring timely and accurate completion.
-Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
-Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues.*
-Strong oral and written communication to interface with all levels of MDA employees
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.