Responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from schematics through construction administration.
Ideal candidate will be degreed, professionally licensed in the state of Illinois, LEED accredited, REVIT proficient, have at least 8 years of project architect-level experience, and be able to coordinate work with in-house staff and external consultants. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be an excellent internal and external communicator both verbally and graphically and be able to effectively shepherd multiple project teams and milestone deliverables while maintaining alignment with agreed contractual and financial project performance objectives. Candidates should also have sophisticated knowledge of building codes, accessibility, and construction practices. Some coordination of resources across offices may be necessary.
- Responsible for building system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Function as discipline team leader on large, complex projects when assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing project team members within the discipline.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interface with other discipline team leaders.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and licensure preferred.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum eight years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Computer and CADD literate. Revit experience required.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.