Responsible for the design and technical systems for small to medium sized projects from schematics through construction administration.
Ideal Candidates should be degreed in Interior Design or Architecture, and have between 5 and 10 years of experience. The candidate will be well versed in the design and implementation of contract interiors, and multi-family residential project experience is preferred. Candidates must have experience in conceptual design, space planning, design development, material selection, furniture selection and contract documents. Direct client contact experience, and the ability to collaborate with project design teams is essential. Experience with Revit, and complementary diverse digital design media is required.
- Responsible for building and system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Function as discipline team leader on small to medium sized projects when assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing project team members within their own discipline.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interface with other discipline team leaders.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and licensure preferred.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Computer and CADD literate.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.