Looking for an opportunity for continued professional growth and to make a positive impact? Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America, serving customers through a network of service centers across the United States, Canada, Mexico and China, is looking for bright, energetic person to play a pivotal role within the Corporate Tax Department. While reporting to the Sr. Tax Manager and managing direct reports, the successful candidate will work with all members of the team.
The responsibilities of this position will include activities in the areas of accounting, compliance, controversy and planning associated with corporate taxes such as:
* Overseeing and managing Vertex ECM projects (exemption certificates)
* Manage the business license compliance process
* Lead sales and use tax audits. Coordinate team to gather all support
* Effectively defend and assert positions taken under audit
* Train team on effectively utilizing Vertex tools
* Develop recommendations based on audit results to minimize exposure
* Lead research projects to update the company's sales and use tax matrices
* Assist in incentive related projects
* Build relationships with key personnel throughout the company to assist with tax issues
* Coach and mentor direct reports
We are looking for an individual who is excited about working in a positive, proactive working environment with a desire to create opportunities in an ever-changing business. Additionally, you should meet the following, other requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of 5 years of Sales and Use Tax experience
* Knowledge of the underlying functions of Vertex
* Proven leadership and project management skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
* The right candidate will have strong analytical, organizational, technical and technological skills, work well with other members of a team and possess excellent communication abilities and intellectual curiosity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.