S&C is a specialist in electric power switching and protection, providing products for the electric power industry since 1911. This position will provide supervision for the first shift Fuse Group Department at the Chicago location, including daily correspondence with second shift supervision on any relative information. This position will report to the Assistant Manager - Assembly Operations in Chicago. In this job, you will be required to give constant attention to detail, possess good problem-solving skills and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working cooperatively with the assembly team to achieve safety, quality, and productivity goals
- Prioritizing and scheduling the assembly workload
- Performing planning functions to ensure the timely availability of staffing and materials
- Maintaining an on-time shipping performance of at least 95%
- Setting and maintaining high levels of product quality
- Providing the necessary direction to attain high levels of employee productivity
- Promoting safety awareness and housekeeping, and investigating and reporting on safety incidents
- Contributing input and monitoring departmental budgets
- Conducting performance appraisals for employees
- Providing recommendations or initiating decisions regarding hires, promotions, corrective action and terminations
- Conducting team-building meetings to promote continuous improvement principles.
- Identify training and skill development to meet departmental needs using Training Within Industry (TWI) and standard work methodology where possible.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Associates degree in a technical or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Leadership, supervision experience, or project management experience
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of assembly processes and equipment, e.g. high mix/low volume production environment
- Demonstrated ability to read mechanical drawings and schematics, and
- Ability to manipulate data from Oracle and other programs to pareto daily defects, calculate FPY, calculate DPU and create evaluation reports for units that have been returned from the field.
Relevant Work Experience:
One to 3 years of experience combining: supervisory level responsibility or hands on project management and assembly operations experience.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks performed in a standing position.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 to 35 lbs.
- Walking: Frequent walking moderate distances within the facility
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 to 35 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional pushing of items ranging in weight from 5 to 35 lbs.
- Pulling: Occasional pulling of items ranging in weight from 5 to 35 lbs.
- Bending: Occasional bending to retrieve or place items ranging in weight from 5 to 35 lbs.
- Reaching: Occasional reaching for items ranging in weight from 5 to 35 lbs.
- Environment: Work environment is within a manufacturing/assembly operation with a combination of automated and manual processes.
S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.