Sr Compensation Analyst
American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest
professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We
are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients
they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation.
To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and
science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and
are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the
organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions
to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and
fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
encourage and support professional development for our employees, and
we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn
more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
have an opportunity at our corporate offices in Chicago for
a Sr Compensation Analyst on our Human Resources team. As a Sr Compensation Analyst you will be responsible for administering and communicating compensation programs,
policies and processes. You will also complete market
analysis to evaluate roles and compensation programs, and collaborate and act as an internal consultant
to the HR Business Partners and Managers on compensation related issues. The Sr Compensation Analyst will contribute to the development of compensation
programs, policies and processes.
- Develop and write accurate job descriptions, aligned with best practices
- Market price roles and align to an internal structure based on external survey data and other related resources
- Build base salary compensation recommendations
- Participates in annual compensation surveys
- Administer and executes annual merit and incentive process
- Complete data analysis based on current compensation structure and data
- Collaborate in developing and implementing compensation program communication materials, employee statements, policies, etc.
- As assigned, participate in the development or review of sales compensation plans and/or supporting executive and board compensation reporting
- Follow federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations and assist with ensuring organizational-wide compliance
- Collaborate with HR Business Partner and/or Business Unit leaders on compensation related issues and job descriptions
- Partner across HR with Business Partners, Talent, and/or with Business Unit leaders to assess market conditions in support of creating competitive job offers
- Collaborate with HRIS to maintain and improve job related data such as job codes, FLSA status, incentive targets and other job related data for compliance
- Identify, document and improve/enhance core compensation tools, guidelines, process and reduce administrative work
May include other
responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or related experience in Human Resources or Finance related area required
- Minimum five years of experience in compensation required
- Experience working in finance or commensurate budgeting skills required
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization; must be able to effectively and strategically communicate and with senior leadership
- Experience working in Payfactors or related compensation software system highly preferred; experience in working with an HRIS or financial system a plus
- Strong writing skills with proven ability to write job descriptions
- Strong excel skills required; proven experience in maintaining and creating tables, graphs and reports required
- Demonstrated analytical skills, attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in final work products such as compensation analysis and employee data
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet conflicting deadlines critical for success; must be able to troubleshoot and identify potential solutions and quality improvements
- Demonstrated experience in working with sensitive information and maintaining confidential information
The American Medical
Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is
convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will
not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and
veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF