Automation Engineer- Automation Solutions
Omron Automation-Americas is looking for an energetic and focused Automation Engineer in the Dallas, TX office to support industrial automation solutions and applications in the Americas. The mission of the Automation Engineer is to prove the advantages of Omron automation technologies in real-world challenges through application development, testing and, publishing the results, and support the sales team to maximize product revenues. Role as solution expert with industrial and hands-on experience. Additionally, functions as a technical liaison to global factory and Automation Center teams.
* Use industry and product experience to help generate revenue growth through applying Omron automation technologies to customers applications, demo creation and promotion, documenting results, and publishing technical guides
* Be an individual with broad and comprehensive automation expertise and apply it for Omron automation technologies in order to support internal and external engineering resources
* Maintain, promote an support Proof of Concept center demos and related activities
* Responsible for new demo development for the Automation Center showroom and trade shows to highlight real-world application advantages with hands-on experience in building applications including mechanical CAD, panel building/wiring and programming
* Conduct training on applying Omron's automation technologies for internal technical teams, as well as strategic partners/customers when necessary
* Develop sample code, application notes, videos and quick start guides of Omron solutions and applications
* Help Field Sales Teams to convince customers on Omron's application-level advantages and supporting them on site when necessary
* Manage technical relationship with Product team and Omron Global Automation Center team, coordinating on launches and international challenges
* Advocate Omron marketing messages and reinforce workflow process between technical teams
* Engage directly with customers to capture market requirements and investigate with Marketing and Development departments to create those required functions or solutions
* Be responsive and actively engaged with internal & external teams
* Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner
* Represents the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, distributors, and colleagues
* Become expert on specific products
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from a four-year college
* 5+ years of experience working with automation platforms - preferred hands-one experience of industrial PLC, robots, vision, safety and industrial networks.
* Experience with EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP and TCP/UDP network protocols
* The automation experience to include hands-on with applications, architecture, design, plan, selection, development, simulation, programming, setup, commissioning, testing, troubleshooting, PoC and validation.
* Strong problem-solving skills, ability to formulate creative solutions
* Strong hands-on experience working with PLC, robots, controllers, vision, safety networks, servo, I/O, integration and instrumentations.
* General Experience working with SQL Databases
* Experience in different industries such as automotive, packaging, semiconductor, manufacturing, and assembly
* Field experience with evaluating applications and recommend appropriate robotics solutions for diverse applications including complex, advanced and high- performance automation
* Industrial programming experience to include PLC, HMI, Safety and CAD
* Energetic, aggressive, focused and a highly motivated self-starter
* Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win
* Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills
* Team player mentality but able to work independently as required
* Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning, presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
* Eager to learn new technology's
* Ability to travel (30%) both nationally and internationally
* Proficient in current Microsoft Office and computer tools
Omron Automation Americas is a multi time winner of the following awards:
*******National Best and Brightest Company to Work For!
*******Winner for one of the 75 Best Places to Work in Illinois!
*******Winner for one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago!
Omron Automation - Americas is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation products focused on sensing and control technologies. We serve OEM machine builders and end users with a wide range of products that integrate easily into complete automation solutions, offer simple connectivity, and are backed by solid support services. Our extensive product groups which are primarily manufactured overseas include programmable controllers, robotics, servo motors and drives, operator interfaces, temperature controllers, sensors, inspection and machine vision systems, RFID track and trace systems, safety devices, and software.
Omron Automation -- Americas, headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, is the Americas industrial automation subsidiary of Omron Corporation, a $8 billion global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of success. Led by a management team where each member has 20+ years of experience in Industrial Automation, we are a midsize firm with a corporate culture of challenge, ethics and innovation. As we strive to grow the company and our market share, this position offers the potential to make a solid impact on the organization.
Omron's corporate core value of "working for the benefit of society" applies to our unique technical competencies in the areas of industrial automation, safety, security, environmental protection and healthcare in pursuit of a brighter future for all. As a corporate citizen that has long recognized and encouraged the importance of giving back to local communities and helping those less fortunate, Omron has demonstrated this over the years by designing a manufacturing facility which employs the disabled, making donations to aide those impacted by natural disasters, and sponsoring an annual Founders Day in which employees volunteer in the local communities across the globe.
Our Commitment to Employees:
Omron Automation- Americas is an equal opportunity employer.