The Data Analyst ensures the integrity, consistency and scalability of CDW's Product and Partner reporting and provides insightful analysis to support management's decision making. This role designs and develops reporting, analyzes business processes and systems, and aligns projects with the executive strategy to drive operational and financial performance among coworkers, suppliers and partners. The analyst aligns all tactical and strategics priorities with PPM leadership initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as a conduit/broker for cross-functional collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Design actionable reporting tools that support effective management of data quality, open orders and other partner compliance topics.
- Produce sound analysis in support of Product and Partner Management decision makers to drive tactical and strategic departmental objectives and partnership decisions.
- Develop and manage centralized partner and product reporting to support various functions including purchasing, promotions, marketing and partner relations. Coordinate and guide stakeholders through a process of creating reports and data models that successfully address business issues. Provide ongoing support for these reports.
- Assess existing reports, data sources, business processes and initiatives. Troubleshoot data sources and address questions as identified. Find improvement opportunities and strategies to evolve the current capabilities. Facilitate effective communication with vendors including compliance audits.
- Maintain standard monthly reports and metrics used to measure partner compliance and improve overall department efficiency. Research monthly results to identify additional opportunities.
- Present findings and analysis to management and prepare associated trends and graphical illustrations.
- Conduct a variety of ad-hoc analysis based on business needs.
- Establish and maintain data governance processes and strategies to minimize data integrity and business risk.
- Validate, research, and audit (external) data sources and internally develop collections to minimize data integrity risk.
- Assist with alignment of the technology solutions (Purchasing, E-commerce and Marketing) with PPM business strategies and objectives.
- Provides tactical analyses and troubleshooting of the business unit's existing reports and data sources.
- Provide front-line application support to individual consumers of group's work product (i.e. MS Excel and Access, Pyramid Analytics, Power BI) as needed.
- Craft and publish weekly and monthly dashboards and reports.
- Research unusual trends and provide supporting detail to management.
- Analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and recommend improvements.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, a quantitative discipline (statistics, economics, engineering, informatics), or related and 2 years of work experience in an analytical role, OR
- 6 years of work experience in an analytical role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in delivery of data driven insights.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Power BI or other BI tools Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction and make sound business decisions.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to quickly adapt to the changing needs of the business and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of SQL, MDX and/or other database query language(s).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, or PowerBI), VBA, or Python.
- Working knowledge of AS400 or similar ERP.
- Proven ability to elicit project and system requirements.
- Experience analyzing and presenting Financial metrics.
CDW is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.