Position at Matson Logistics, Inc.
Matson Logistics is a leading provider of multimodal transportation, warehousing, and distribution services throughout North America. Known for our innovative solutions and financial strength and stability, Matson Logistics' people, processes and systems work together to deliver superior performance and value to our customers every day.
Responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving/Put-Away - Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
- Order Picking - Pull and prepare product for shipment. Ensure that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Loading - Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
- Equipment - Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp, push-pull or other powered equipment. Position also requires the use of RF equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods. Must be able to operate the "yard goat" and complete yard hostler duties.
- Inventory - Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation. Conduct cycle counts as requested.
- Maintenance - Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as required.
- Comply with all Company rules, policies, and procedures. Work and behave safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform any task required to upport customer requirements and Company goals.
Qualifications, Education, & Experience
- Skills - This position requires OSHA certification and forklift recertification every 3 years.
- Five (5) or more years of related Warehousing & Distribution leadership experience and/or training. This related experience may be substituted for degree; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven track record of successful innovation experience in Warehousing & Distribution.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Matson is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, AIDS/HIV status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including, but not limited to, the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.