Ellsworth, an industry leading global distributor of specialty chemicals and equipment, currently has an ePlus Field Inventory Specialist opportunity at Ellsworth Adhesives, located in Bolingbrook/Buffalo, Illinois. This is a part-time position for 20-25 hours a week.
Provides on-site inventory management at local area, customer specified location(s). Must work well independently and manage own time effectively. This individual will be responsible for managing customer’s inventory through utilization of the ePlus Inventory Solutions program. Receives direction and support from the ePlus Inventory Solutions Department that provides technical support and overall program direction. Although somewhat independent, this is a team role. This role is also teamed with the Inside Sales person (Account Specialist) and Engineering Sales Representative (ESR) responsible for the related customer account(s).
- 2+ years of related industrial experience, preferably from a custom adhesive, chemical, coatings/paint, pharmaceutical/food manufacturing or packaging/dispensing environment
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED, HSED)
- Proficient on a personal computer and have knowledge of Distribution Systems, Internet Software, Inventory Software, Email Applications, Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing Software. Ability to operate a Smart Phone.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Can accurately perform inventory transactions for lot controlled and non-lot controlled inventory using the ePlus Inventory software.
- Understand the difference between the Manufacturer and Ellsworth lot numbers and how they’re utilized in the ePlus software and Ellsworth WMS.
- When required, the ability to accurately manage inventory transactions between locations is critical.
- Has an understanding of consignment vs non-consignment inventory, as required for each account.
- Receives orders into the ePlus software at appropriate times and follows up on any orders that have an open status and have not yet been received at the customer site.
- Performs shelf life management on a weekly basis (at a minimum). Runs appropriate shelf life reports and communicates any potential shelf life issues with team members and/or customer contacts.
- Properly scraps material out of the ePlus software.
- Follows customer’s specific scrap and disposal policies and procedures.
- Practices First-In-First-Out (FIFO) to ensure product shelf life is optimized and to help reduce customer’s onsite scrap.
- Performs lot discrepancy management on a weekly basis (at minimum). Runs appropriate lot discrepancy report and resolves discrepancies immediately.
- Performs cycle counts on a consistent basis per customer specifications, or once a month at a minimum. Tag/Non-Tag inventory report is run and used for cycle counting to compare ePlus inventory to actual on hand.
- Keep a clean work and/or storage area(s) (ie: clean and maintain equipment and facilities, keep signage and bin labeling up-to-date)
- Proactively seeks out and interacts with designated, key customer contacts including, but not limited to purchasing and end-users. Can handle and resolve customer concerns and understands when to appropriately escalate issues internally.
- Must be able to effectively train a backup to provide seamless inventory activity during times of absence or as required by immediate supervisor.
- Identify customer specific issues to ePlus Customer Service Specialist (CSS) immediately.
- Identifies and communicates inventory trends and sales opportunities to Account Specialist and ESR groups respectively.
- Review and update the Account Attributes documents for each account.
- Ability to read and interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheet) and be able to take appropriate action in case of a spill, or accident. Understand reporting requirements, Internal/External.
To apply, follow the link to our careers site to submit your Resume & Wage Expectations in response to this posting. Candidates who have not applied previously will be asked to register, create a username and password at http://careers.ellsworth.com.
Ellsworth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, pregnancy, genetics, or any other legally-protected status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation for any part of our employment process, please follow the instructions on our Accessibility Accommodation for Applicants page of our Careers website.