We're BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world's most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures are founded on the strategic advantages of the most important global companies.
Strategic Design at BCGDV
Our strategic design team develop transformative, human-centred solutions and ensure customer success in market; we create a foundation of deep consumer insight that informs problem definition. We shepherd venture teams through development of holistic solutions incorporating solid business and technology requirements. By understanding attitudes, behaviours and motivations that drive people's choices and desires as well as the impact of those decisions on business strategy, Strategic Designers bring the voice of the customer to our new ventures. From discovery and ideation through to ensuring customer success at launch across product and operations.
In this role you will:
- Lead multidisciplinary teams
- Lead and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to scope, design, concept test and deliver innovative solutions
- Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans
- Develop materials to communicate progress to partners and clients
- To ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-demanding and service-oriented environment
- To manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
- Lead strategy and research
- Lead the design strategy and make sure the human (people and customer) perspective is the guiding principle along the whole process
- Design, develop and guide quantitative and qualitative research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
- Conduct investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
- Drive future visioning by curating relevant insights, trends and signals to formulate future scenarios, implications and opportunities that are plausible and probable and challenge the status quo
- Derive insights from creative synthesis of customer research, market analysis and future visioning
- Bring your research and creative synthesis to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios
- Collaborative design and development
- Contribute unique ideas within multidisciplinary workshops, meetings and immersion sessions and bring them to life through visual communication and strong written narratives leveraging your immersive, story-telling skills
- Drive the design and facilitation of co-creation sessions as well as immersive workshops (in-person as well as virtual)
- Use divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and/or physical connected form-factors
- Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and tangible products, services and/or physical connected form-factors in partnership with venture architects, product managers and engineering
- Communicate design ideas using techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics
- Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services
- Customer Success
- Partner in a cross-disciplinary fashion with business strategists, product managers, technologists and growth architects to ensure that new ventures and business builds are set up to deliver strategic value in line with design intent
- Observe and engage audiences within the markets of interest to test commercializationassumptions for audience capture and scaling
- Potential to act as 'Chief Experience Officer' during venture builds including overseeing all customer touching aspects of the business e.g. growth, branding, content strategy and experience design
- Manage concierge pilots and proof of concepts to gather feedback from customers of first product iterations
- Lead the development of service blueprints that connect customer experience to business processes to ensure cohesive and customer centric operations
- Implement processes that ensure customer success throughout the launched experience from initial contact to service and end of customer life experiences e.g. branding, sales, onboarding, customer service
- Assist in recruitment of first venture design and customer success employees
- Assist in development of new venture values and culture
- Practice development
- Champion Human-Centered Design on multidisciplinary venture teams
- Contribute to the evolution of strategic design offers and methodology throughout BCG Digital Ventures
- Communicate insights, concepts and design rationales to internal and external audiences
You should have:
- 8+ years of work experience
- Outstanding portfolio of diverse range of projects and work demonstrating:
- Human centered design capabilities
- Design thinking + agile experimentation approach to problem solving
- Future visioning and strategy development
- Creative synthesis and storytelling skills
- Experience leading qualitative (ethnographic) and quantitative research, divergent exploration, conceptual development, design strategy and the craft of design (whether industrial / behavioral / HCI / digital products / visual / motion, etc.)
- Track record delivering tangible products to market, with at least 5+ years leading creative projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary teams in the development of disruptive new concepts within a corporate environment
- Experience in Behavior design methodologies, marketing content strategy and/or operations process design, data + hybrid quant/qual skills is a plus
- Experience working in a corporate setting, in-house for a digital product company, in an agency driving digital transformation work, or a combination of the above
- Bachelor's degree in design, business, psychology, strategy, marketing or another relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
To learn more, visit us at.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.