The Engineer 1, Electrical, reports to the Engineering Leader and is responsible for the performance of routine functions which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. This position requires a moderate to high level of supervision; most work is still reviewed by a more senior engineer. In addition, this level has limited contact with Customers and Suppliers.
- Works assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details with other departments.
- Recognizes problems that are beyond capabilities and is learning from the experts in the area.
- Learns the steps involved to incorporate process improvements.
- Performs routine functions that require application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Learns to investigate products and documents findings in report format.
- Does component tests with predefined test plan.
- Documents/archives/retrieves drawings from storage system.
- Basic design and implementation of low complex hardware boards and circuits.
- May participate in international and multi-site projects.
May perform the following functions:
- Creates and maintains BOMs; releases drawings in WISE.
- Basic support of electronic manufacturing processes.
- Basic support of customers and operations in product related issues.
- Basic layout of low complex hardware boards and derivatives.
Materials and Equipment Used:
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Work is generally performed in a normal office environment; however, the job may take the member into various areas of the plant where there is possible exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust and temperatures above 80 degrees F.
- Some travel required.