Employee Type:Full time
Location:IL Oak Brook
Job Type:Supply Chain Commercialization
Job Posting Title:Manager, Commercialization
This position facilitates and manages category stage gate process for Innovation (business growth), Renovation (brand maintenance), Graphics Refresh, and Cost Savings (productivity improvement) projects utilizing the enterprise wide tools and processes to ensure consistency across categories and divisions. As the key Commercialization category lead, the position will ensure alignment of resources and communication of priorities to cross functional business partners to support the achievement of net sales, profit and cost savings KPI's for the assigned categories. The position may supervise Commercialization Analysts who also support the category projects. Influence management over cross-functional team members is critical to successfully leading project teams. Strong project management and influence management skills are a must.
- Provide effective portfolio/program management leadership to assigned product categories and plants. Ensure proper application of project management tools, stage/gate models and prioritization.
- Manage medium to high complexity projects as well as Commercialization Analysts (where needed) who are managing lower complexity projects.
- Coordinate and support charter approval process, stage gate process, material set-up/readiness, scale-up efforts and launch/post launch metrics.
- Report out on project progress, develop "plan B" options and escalate issues and risks in a timely manner in order to stay on schedule.
- Project management for cost improvement efforts for assigned product groups, ensuring annual target achievement and steering team effectiveness. For some projects, it may be directly managing; for others, owning report outs on progress.
- Manage execution of business simplification efforts for assigned product groups in conjunction with other Division leads - examples include Active SKU Management, packaging standardization, and component/specification consolidation.
- Provide business planning support (Strategic Plan, Operating Plan, Capital Planning) to assigned business teams and plant locations as needed.
- Own the data and report out of Division Commercialization KPI's for assigned product groups; provide improvement plan support to the Division.
- Support Regulatory-related projects for assigned product groups.
- Other Division project management support as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of previous experience in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or Engineering.
- Exposure and strong understanding of multiple Supply Chain and other business disciplines (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, R&D, etc.) in previous positions or project work preferred.
- Experience in strong project and influence management skills leading cross-functional project teams.
- Exposure to new product commercialization and start-up procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong problem solving aptitude.
- Influence management skills with the ability to manage cross-functional resources without direct reporting relationships.
- Possess continuous improvement mindset with a bias for action,
- Understanding of Supply Chain cost structure. Able to interpret cost build-up, trends and financial statements.
- Highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to lead effectively and handle conflict in cross-functional integration role.
- Exposure to ERP and Project Management systems and information flow.
- Experience with Stage-Gate, New Product Development (NPD), and commercialization process
- Tactical understanding of how to bring a new product to market
- Team building, problem solving, & conflict resolution
- Experience managing and mitigating risk
- Effective communicator at all levels and good presentation skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated, and self-sufficient with ability to cope with pressure and comfort with ambiguity
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong technical aptitude
- Organizational agility
Bachelor's Degree Preferred- Type: Business, Operations, Engineering related fields
Certification/Licensure/Designation Required for Job: PMP Certification a plus
Preferred Attributes, Qualifications & Working Conditions:
Travel (other than driving)
Enter % of time
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1