Spectrum Healthcare Resources has exciting potential opportunities for Certified Athletic Trainers supporting Naval Station, Great Lakes, in Northern Chicago, Illinois.
- Bachelors or Master's degree from an accredited professional athletic training program by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) and must pass a comprehensive test administered by the NATABOC.
- Position requires NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). , Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and First Aid certifications.
- Illinois state license required, or must be willing to obtain Illinois state license.
- Minimum of one-year work experience identifying problems/issues, designing and developing appropriate treatment plans based on understanding of job requirements, broad guidance, and own initiative to achieve a comprehensive solution without regular direct supervision.
Position Expectation / Duties:
- To serve as the authority, consultant, and practitioner for a comprehensive program of musculoskeletal injury prevention, physical performance enhancement, and acute musculoskeletal injury care and reconditioning for all students assigned to Recruit Training Command (RTC), Great Lakes.
- Will be required to conduct moderately heavy physical exertion with recurring periods of bending, reaching, crouching, stretching, and several other similar types of movements. The tasks require specific characteristics and abilities, such as above-average agility, dexterity, and anaerobic and aerobic capacity. Exercises shall be demonstrated and performed for personnel in the field and in the clinic and as such the ATC may lead Recruits in group exercise, runs, training evolutions, or combat conditioning. ATC shall carry modular ATR supplies when required, or equipment via travel pack for field treatment and evaluation.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of Military and VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinics and other Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR is the military staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organization that serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600 affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.