Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking Fire Alarm Technician to join our amazing culture. In this role, you will be responsible for installing, programming, servicing and testing of new and upgraded fire alarm systems. As a Fire Alarm Technician, you are a part of a dynamic team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Fire Alarm Technician.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer's best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What you'll do with "Our Training and Your Experience"
- Installing, programming, servicing, and testing of new and upgraded fire alarm systems.
- Responds to customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls, and emergency and after-hours service calls on a timely basis; will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, replace defective parts and debug systems for routine problems; installs projects, as necessary.
- Uses strong troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software systems.
- Completes accurate and detailed service reports for customer and Convergint in a timely manner to allow for accurate invoicing and job cost tracking.
- Cleans, maintains, adjusts, calibrates, and services equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Executes all work in accordance with State and local regulations, general best practices as well as company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate with and work with the other team members consistently to improve overall operations.
- Keep up to date and informed on all company policies.
- Provide instruction to customer personnel regarding proper system operation.
- Complete assigned training and certification within time frames required for the position.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for afterhours and weekend service calls.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted.
- Willing to learn technical skills and/or experience related to fire alarm systems and electronics.
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper).
- Solid technical skills and/or experience related to fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems.
- To be a self-starter and produce quality results without direct supervision.
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun & Laughter Day Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plan
- Life insurance & Disability Plan
- Wellness Program
- 401K Matching Plan
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more...
Education: High School/GED or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years working on fire alarm systems
- Technical degree in Electronic technology, field service, or minimum of 2 years of hands on experience in the fire alarm/life safety industry
- NICET II certification
- EST Experience and/or Certification
- Ability to travel locally to jobsites on a regular basis. Minimal overnight travel may be required
- Valid driver's license required with clean driving record
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Visit our Convergint to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.