Mechanical Engineering Intern Lab Technician
Company: Rapak LLC
Primary Location: 1020 Davey Road, Suite 800, Woodridge, IL 60517 USA
Employment Type: Hourly | Intern
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Rapak, is looking for interns to join our team to develop systems and analysis for a wide variety of processes throughout the manufacturing area. We are looking for interns to train and participate in Bag-in-Box making processes. Process improvements will be accomplished through identification of downtime analysis and working closely with Production Technicians and Employees. Scope includes supporting key production improvement efforts with clear communication and solid conclusions based on data. The interns hired for this position should expect to learn all facets of manufacturing and will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge.
- Improve productivity by performing evaluations, time studies, simulation, and line balancing
- Study and improve plant safety through projects
- Cost and data analysis
- Process documentation
- Capacity utilization analysis
- Optimize assembly flow and process to minimize people per machine per day
- Raw material loss and studies
- Development of work instructions and procedures
- Line flow studies and reports
- Quality control measures
- Applicants should be Engineering majors, with abilities in MS Office, MiniTab, AutoCad and other analytical and planning tools. They should possess strong analytic and statistic skills and have the ability to work independently.
- High School Diploma
- Currently enrolled in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Engineering, or similar technical area of study
Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new databases or other software.
- Working knowledge of statistics, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Analytical, problem solving, and information gathering skills.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office.
Desired qualifications for this position:
- Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships on all levels.
- Ability to work proficiently with interns and department personnel.
Working conditions for this position:
- GMP compliant manufacturing environment
- Steel Toe Shoes
Report to the following base on position being filled:
- Manufacturing, Production, Operations, Quality, Engineering, & Maintenance management.