Saw Operator - 3rd Shift
Who we are looking for:
We are currently looking for a Saw Operator - 3rd Shift to be based out of Hobart, Indiana. Reporting to 3rd Shift Production Supervisor, this person will be responsible to setup and run the band saw and make adjustments as needed to ensure quality material cuts.
What you'll do:
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Safely operate Band Saw within engineered Takt Times.
- Check to make sure all machine guards are operative and in place.
- Setup and operate required saw for customer orders.
- Read and execute production work orders.
- Check raw material to ensure proper size, gauge, length, and finish.
- Fill out complete documentation for production, down time, and Q.A. reports.
- Must ensure that orders are cut per specifications on the order.
- Check quality of finished parts to meet specifications and tolerances.
- Ability to lift and manipulate up to 60lbs.
- Standing and walking up to 12 hours per day.
- Set-Up and operator other saws/machines as directed by the Supervisor.
- Drive forklift when necessary.
- Communicate safety, production, or any other problems to the shift supervisor.
- Clean saws and surrounding areas.
What you'll bring:
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment or equivalent training.
- Previous band saw operation and forklift experience is a plus.
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Safely operate all of the saws within engineered Takt Time.
- Be able to troubleshoot and perform PM maintenance on the saws.
- Assist Maintenance personnel with trouble shooting and major repairs.
- Monitor the quality of the product being produced.
- Be able to perform changeover/set-up on the saws for length change, to accommodate various profiles, and channel sizes all within engineered set-up parameters.
- Be able to change the saw blade on your own.
Who we are:
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We're committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move us forward.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading
provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!