Make A Difference In Your Community!
Personal Trainer Opportunity - leverage your passion for fitness!
In addition to joining our mission and making a difference in your community, the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago offers great perks for all part-time employees.
Free YMCA membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Earned Sick Leave
- Flexible scheduling
Position Summary: We are looking for energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Personal Trainers to join the YMCA team. This position is great for candidates looking to impact a growing, dynamic organization and their community significantly.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent with at least a year of Personal Training experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- NASM, ACSM, ACE, or AFAA highly recommended at the time of hire.
- Must obtain strength training certification and YMCA Principles of Health and Fitness within 90 days of hire.
- Working knowledge of preventative health and fitness programs and philosophy.
- Ability to motivate and lead members.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to work with varying fitness levels and ages.
Child Abuse Prevention
Support the YMCA's commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training, as required