Pacific Life is seeking a skilled sales professional to support the growth of General Agent (GA) Distribution within the Workforce Benefits organization. You will play an integral part in Pacific Life’s efforts to establish and grow a $1BM revenue, profitable business in the Workforce Benefits market. This role is considered to be 100% remote, as travel is required. Initial focused markets include California, Illinois, Texas and Florida. Candidates in surrounding states will also be considered.
As Account Executive, GA Distribution you’ll play a key role in the startup and long-term success of this business by working with leaders in the Workforce Benefits division to meet established goals and objectives. Your focus will be on building relationships, developing and executing GA specific strategies and driving growth toward sales goals within the GA Distribution Channel. You are responsible for bringing our business to the GA market and meeting annual metrics-based sales objectives. The role will align with other Workforce Benefits Distribution resources to educate the Broker and GA marketplace around Pacific Life’s Group Benefits value proposition and meet collective sales goals. You will report directly to the RVP of GA Distribution.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Support the creation and execution of a strategy for GA Distribution that helps meet new sales, retention, profitability and expense objectives.
- Meet annual sales goals as established by the RVP of GA Distribution.
- Partner with Workforce Benefits Distribution resources to deliver the Workforce Benefits story to the GA community.
- Continually work to strengthen, deepen, and grow GA relationships.
- Build and advance GA relationships to drive sales and increase the Pacific Life brand regionally and nationally.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the group products sold by Pacific Life.
- Maintain strong connections with underwriting, product, pricing, regulatory compliance, and actuarial pricing teams to ensure alignment on critical deliverables with your GA relationships.
- Utilize established and innovative approaches, tools and partners to enable efficient, deliberate and robust growth objectives.
- Bring a customer-first mindset: prioritize customer and GA viewpoints in decision-making.
- Participate in ongoing industry and community activities to stay attuned to industry trends. Represent the company as needed with legislative platforms, industry events, community activities.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING:
- 5+ years’ experience in group benefits sales with an established presence in the GA marketplace
- College degree with concentration in business management, finance, or risk management or equivalent work experience is required.
- The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
- Ability to seek opinions of others, process feedback and take smart risks.
- A high degree of integrity and able to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- Self-reflective and aware of his/her own limitations; leads by example and drives the organization's performance with an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Mindset to enable breakthrough innovations and business models that create value for all stakeholders, continually challenging traditional approaches.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Strong performance orientation and drive for results
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to grasp complexities and perceive relationships among business and financial issues
- Known for ability to respectfully and confidently collaborate and easily communicate with various stakeholders
The salary range is $65k - $100k. In addition, this role is eligible for incentives based on sales performance.
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.