We Make Life More Rewarding and Dignified
The Global Compliance Specialist proactively supports the development, implementation and administration of the Hollister Global Compliance program. This includes ongoing support and continuous improvement for Compliance policies, procedures and initiatives to help ensure the effectiveness of Compliance programs in the areas of Anti-Corruption, Data Privacy, Code of Conduct, Third Party Risk Management, Training and Communications and additional assignments as needed.Hollister Incorporated operates in a hybrid work environment.
- Effectively partner with personnel globally to review and provide guidance on various matters to help ensure compliance with applicable laws and company policies. Such matters include interactions with healthcare professionals and organizations, data privacy, and third party diligence reviews.
- Plan, develop and deliver compliance training (in person and virtually).
- Develop, maintain and revise compliance policies, procedures, templates and other awareness communications, tools and resources.
- Assist with conducting and updating compliance risk assessment documentation based on evolving business circumstances and regulatory developments.
- Monitor Helpline inquiries and inquiries to Compliance e-mail accounts.
- Monitor laws and regulatory compliance developments in order to proactively revise and continuously improve the Compliance Program
- Perform other work as appropriate or required.
Work Experience Requirements
- Work Experience: 3-5 years
- Experience in healthcare, medical device or pharmaceutical company with knowledge of healthcare compliance matters (Anti-Kickback Statute and other "fraud and abuse" laws), and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Familiarity with data privacy (GDPR, CCPA and other privacy laws).
- Fluent in English, knowledge of another language preferred.
- Experience in supporting international business preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, paralegal certificate preferred, Compliance or privacy certification preferred.
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across a wide range of audiences (e.g., technical staff, attorneys, senior management, auditors, regulators) for highly complex issues.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving capabilities to identify complex issues/risks and make recommendations that effectively address business and compliance needs.
- Ability to read and interpret complex compliance obligations (e.g., statutes, regulations, sub-regulatory guidance, contracts, and accreditation requirements).
- Highly organized
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong project management skills
- Strong customer focus - ability to develop and maintain relationships across the business and functions
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time globally (potential for 2-3 trips per year)
Our Total Rewards package in aggregate is above market and includes competitive pay, generous paid time off programs, peer-to-peer recognition, health and life insurance, wellness programs and incentives, generous retirement savings, and a unique Benefit of Employee Share Ownership Program (BESOP).
Hollister Incorporated is an independent, employee-owned company that develops,manufactures, and markets healthcare products worldwide. The company develops and manufactures products for ostomy care, continence care and critical care, and also develops educational support materials for patients and healthcare professionals. Headquartered in Libertyville, Illinois, it has manufacturing and distribution centers on three continents and sells in nearly 80 countries. Hollister is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Firm of John Dickinson Schneider Inc (JDS Inc), a 100 year old company. Hollister is guided by the shared Mission of JDS Inc, to make life more rewarding and dignified for people who use its products and services.
Hollister is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Job Req ID: 31568