ATS Life Sciences Systems Chicago is a fast paced, exciting and progressive company experiencing incredible growth! We are currently looking for reliable, ambitious and hardworking employees to join our team. As a company, we pride ourselves on building a culture that values employees and promotes innovation, diversity, excellence in communication and commitment to personal/professional growth. Join our team and you will find we advocate a healthy working environment and opportunities to experience the rewards of contributing to a proactive and competent team.
The Information Technology (IT) Team Lead is responsible for all internal and external risk mitigation, system performance, enhancements, upgrades, controls through and around the computer, operating systems, ticket system, etc. as well as department metrics, coaching, mentoring, training, and overall performance.
- Perform on-site technical support, including desktop and vendor level support.
- Install, fix, debug, and maintain desktop technologies (including handheld devices).
- Complete work orders such as telephone and computer installs, moves, adds and changes (IMAC's).
- Update and maintain all IT asset inventory records , e.g. desktop, printer, network.
- Capture performance metrics and ensure continuous improvements are made to lower mean time to repair.
- Develop and implement plans to allow the Client Support Team to complete their job function with maximum efficiency while achieving the highest levels of customer service.
- The Information Technology Lead oversees the day-to-day operations for the helpdesk and support team, recommends project priorities and ensures service levels are maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Create and manage escalation procedures and ensure service levels are maintained.
- Document, track, and monitor technical issues to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Ensure that appropriate expertise and infrastructure are developed and implemented to support the responsibilities of the division's IT group
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives that support improved services to lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Manage, communicate, and implement strategic plans for telecommunications, messaging, client support, system administration and IT operations.
- Provide input into annual IT budget; manage adherence
- Ensure that relevant operational, product and service standards and procedures are developed, communicated, and adhered to.
- Ensure the proper incorporation, use and management of external service providers.
- Maintain a high level of personal knowledge and awareness of information technology trends and emerging technologies, especially in the areas of telecommunications, messaging, IT operations, change management, technologies, and software.
- Provide for the continuous evaluation and introduction of new services and products in compliance with corporate standards.
- Ensure communication, awareness, and integration with all other ATS groups and initiatives.
- Ensure that common policies, procedures, and operational standards are implemented throughout the division.
- Maintain awareness of and coordination with the corporation's strategic plans and projects.
- Establish, monitor, and achieve agreed service level objectives.
- Provide liaison with external ATS divisions and operations regarding information, networking, and communications systems.
- Assist in the development of standards for computer hardware, networking, and software.
- Manage staff responsible for local network administration, server, backup and recovery and other infrastructure requirements as agreed upon with Corporate Infrastructure Team.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
- Implement new software or hardware platforms or systems as business requirements change.
- Oversee printing licenses and manage company individual computers through approval processes.
- Maintain minimal impact for ticket lead times - efficient reporting and closure.
- Manage or perform software development and customizations to suit the operational team needs. Focus efforts towards commercially available solutions whenever possible; however, customization may be required and then responsibility to manage activity or program directly is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary college diploma, specializing in computer networking or information systems.
- Minimum (5) five years' experience in design and implementation of networks, information systems, with hands-on experience in troubleshooting and repair.
- Strong project management experience with a minimum of (5) five years' experience leading multi-disciplined project teams.
- Expert knowledge in operating systems, networking, servers, cloud based systems, virtual machines, CAD software platforms such as EPlan, SolidWorks, etc.,
- Experience working with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems such as J. D. Edwards, timekeeping software applications, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with the Life Science Chicago division at ATS. We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our global offering and growth opportunities as we expand throughout the world. We want you to be a part of our TEAM!!! Watch us work
Work in an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
Benefits ATS Life Sciences Chicago offers:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits (including health, dental vision and employee assistance program)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Eligibility
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer day off
- Fully climate-controlled environment
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more!