Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the MLB Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games, features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans. Marquee is also the television home of the WNBA Chicago Sky, providing a variety of exciting coverage.
We are seeking an Intern for our regional sports network. The ideal candidate is looking to pursue a career in sports media and arrive with select skills that can be sharpened during your time at Marquee Sports Network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to assigned department(s)
- Prepare/edit/review presentations
- Perform analytics for a variety of topics
- Attend & participate in various meetings with different departments
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance
- Ability to be productive while working in the office or in a remote environment
- Other general duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Current student in attendance at an accredited university or college
- Prior experience producing sports-related video content preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to produce quality content required
- Passionate about sports with a knowledge of baseball strongly preferred
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in Adobe Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred
- Ability to receive feedback from others and apply it to the work required
- High productivity when working independently and while collaborating with others required
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.