In this job you will work on a variety of production equipment and process systems in our manufacturing facility. This work includes preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair to support a wide variety of equipment, accessories and components used in the fabrication, assembly, plating and painting of our products. You will perform maintenance tasks utilizing equipment manuals, assembly drawings, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics. You will assist in the further development of preventive maintenance programs through the performance and refinement of maintenance tasks. You will be expected to interact professionally with all members of the team as well as all customers by following all documented company and departmental procedures. You must be willing to overtime or hours other than the assigned shift when agreed upon, including scheduled or emergency overtime.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Troubleshoot and repair fabrication, assembly, powder paint, plating and waste treatment equipment without limiting equipment uptime requirements.
- Perform test and analysis tasks using various measuring tools such as calipers or micrometers and use test equipment including vibration monitoring and thermography.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools along with machine specific tools to perform preventative maintenance and repair tasks.
- Make equipment replacement parts using conventional machines such as mills, lathes and grinders.
- Identify necessary parts for repair and PM via OEM manuals and maintenance manuals.
- Obtain necessary parts for repair and PM by following appropriate stockroom procedures.
- Communicate status of work orders to team leadership, including proper documentation.
- Exercise good judgment in analyzing test results and implementing appropriate corrective action or repairs.
- Maintain continuity among techs by documenting and communicating actions taken, irregularities found and observations in order to follow up on previous work and enable root cause determination.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Work at various heights and in confined spaces that may include exposure to process chemicals, dirt, oil and grease.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Ability to navigate manufacturer preventive maintenance and repair manuals.
- Prior experience performing equipment rebuilds and upgrades is desirable.
- Proficiency with shop math, hand tools and various measuring instruments.
- Fundamental understanding of applicable OSHA safety regulations.
Relevant Experience Required:
- Demonstrate the ability to understand mechanical drawings of assemblies.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Remaining in an upright position 75% of the time with intermittent walking and sitting.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of components ranging from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Walking: Frequent walking short distances from job to job throughout the plant.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of equipment components or tools weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional use of hand truck, parts cart, to move portable equipment a moderate distance.
- Pulling: Occasional use of hand truck, parts cart, to move portable equipment a moderate distance.
- Bending: Frequent bending required to perform job tasks.
- Reaching: Frequent reaching to install and remove parts or assemblies from equipment.
- Handling: Continuous handling of small hand tools, power tools and equipment components.
Environment: Respirator certification required
S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.