Performs economic research and studies of rates of return, depreciation and investments. Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports and recommendations to management. Generates financial results and forecasts, and analyzes trends in revenue, losses and expenses. Researches economic progressions to assist the organization's financial planning. Creates financial models of "what if" scenarios for future business planning decisions in areas such as new product development, new marketing strategies, etc. Compiles and reviews the budgets for corporate departments, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated expenses and income. Maintains accurate spending records and establishes measures for budgetary control. Supports the achievement of corporate financial and growth goals by providing management in all areas of the company with necessary financial information and analysis pertaining to our profitability and key financial measures. Designs, analyzes and maintains financial operational reporting systems to provide this information. Develops expense forecasts for all lines of business. Works independently and serves as a trusted business partner, able to clearly present thoughtful financial conclusions to influence leaders to make sound business decisions.Compensation Minimum:$78,400 AnnualCompensation Maximum:$125,600 Annual
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Solves complex problems
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Level at which career may stabilize for many years or until retirement
- Leads in the planning and development of complex and/or strategic analysis used by business partners and divisional leadership.
- Represents the Division in presentation of analyses to divisional leadership on a regular basis and occasionally to executive leadership.
- Utilizes advanced modeling techniques to appropriately analyze the financial and growth implications of various solutions.
- Uses advanced data mining and statistical techniques to find relationships in data to drive decisions.
- Researches, designs, and develops more complex and comprehensive management reports as requested for all levels of management.
- Works with divisional leadership to determine and develop appropriate metrics to assess performance and identify opportunities to improve business results.
- Actively participates as the financial expert and represents Finance on critical cross-functional teams.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills RequirementsTravel Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time
PNC insurance experience preferred
This position is a hybrid role that involves working a minimum of 10 days per month in the office. We know flexibility is important to our employees and their families, and we will continue to offer flexibility in this flex office/home role. This approach will guide us in balancing the needs of the business, customers and our employees.
Preferred locations for this role include:
Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA
We provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed above. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!