Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Chaplain Intern you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Healthcare System which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Methodist Healthcare.Benefits
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Chaplain Intern where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Chaplain Intern you will provide spiritual care to meet the spiritual, religious, emotional, and psychological needs of patients, families, and hospital employees. You will assist in the implementation of department services and functions in conjunction with other department members; and participate in all aspects of the Clinical Pastoral Education program.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Chaplain Intern you will cooperate with Chaplain Clinicians to provide spiritual care to patients, families, and staff on assigned clinical units and on call.
- You will provide spiritual screening and assessment of patients, family members, and staff. Documents the spiritual assessments as required. Individuals that have not completed (200 hours) of a Clinical Pastoral Education unit must be under direct supervision of a clinical chaplain.
- You will cooperate with other health care professionals in the patient rounds, care team meetings, support groups, and other multi-disciplinary teams.
- You will respond to all referrals for spiritual care relative to the assigned clinical units and on call requests, documenting the follow up. You will provide crisis intervention and spiritual care to persons in physical, emotional, and/or spiritual distress. If you have not completed (200 hours) of a Clinical Pastoral Education unit you must be under direct supervision of a clinical chaplain.
- You will participate in the rotation for 24-hour on call, delegating or responding to all referrals and requests. If you have not completed (200 hours) of a Clinical Pastoral Education unit you must be under direct supervision of a clinical chaplain.
- You will participate in group seminars, individual supervision, clinical ministry and other curriculum events as scheduled required in Clinical Pastoral Education.
What qualifications you will need:
- Enrollment in an accredited college or theological seminary degree program or its equivalent as determined by the CPE Admissions Committee. The employee will have the burden of proof to show the equivalent acceptance by the CPE Admissions Committee.
- Provide documentation for one of the following: Ordained by their religious authority, Endorsed by their religious authority or Recognized by their religious authority in good standing
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio's second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by "Serving Humanity to Honor God."
includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at .
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Chaplain Clinician Intern opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We are committed to: Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve. Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.