Nalco - An Ecolab Company - a leading provider in Clean Water, Safe Food, and Healthy Environments is seeking a highly motivated and talented Staff Scientist to lead our RD&E Modeling Center of Excellence, an organization that supports the industrial sector ( a $ 7 Billion revenue, 1/2 of Ecolab) .
The successful candidate will also act as a point of contact for internal customers (business units within the industrial sector).
With a focus on resolving the various modeling challenges our internal customers face, this is an excellent opportunity to lead modeling capability and deliver on our vision for the MCoE. This position represents a unique and highly visible opportunity for a digital savvy scientist to partner with our Commercial Digital solution team and co-develop digital offering, expand the current innovation pipeline and portfolio in the field of water-centric modeling solutions.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Provide Modeling technical leadership to Research & Development team.
- Manage current Modeling portfolio, post Models and is responsible for new Model development.
- Responsible for the hands-on development of innovative Modeling solutions
- Ensure alignment between MCoE, business growth strategies, and objectives linked to overall corporate strategy
- Build relationships and collaborations with key leaders in the field, scientific experts, and centers of academic excellence, as appropriate to further the program
- The individual will work closely with Corporate RDE, BU RDE, Marketing, Technical sales and the Commercial digital solution organizations to ensure validated modelling solutions are an integral parts of our digital offering.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc in Computer science, Modeling, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry.
- Hands-on experience in chemical engineering modeling, and/or digital process design & development.
- 5+ year industrial experience in experimental, statistical, digital, and first principal based modeling of chemical and/or water treatment systems.
- Experience with the U.S. patent process.
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Proven track record of new model launches, creative thinking, and consistent delivery of strategic goals in an industrial environment.
- High degree of written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to drive projects forward.
- Comfortable with public speaking and leading meetings with internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills collaborating with co-workers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibly, supervise, and motivate subordinates and to work well with them and others.
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights, and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
For more Ecolab news and information, visit . Follow us on Twitter , Facebook at , LinkedIn at or Instagram at
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolabwill provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) withourapplication process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and requireaccommodationassistance in this applicationprocess,pleasecall Ecolab Recruiting Supportat(866) 841-6682forassistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.